Month: February 2013

Capital Gains

The majority of taxpayers only encounter capital gains in two possible scenarios: (1) they sell mutual funds, shares or bonds as part of their investment portfolio or (2) they sell a cottage. The taxpayers must pay income tax on the gain they realized – the difference between the selling price and the amount they paid … Read more

Cody & James Chartered Professional Accountants